Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Quote Founded

The quote I chose to write about depends on how you view life. Either you look at life as I'm going to go through it and whatever happens happen or I'm going to analyze every little situation and I'll go based off of that data. In this situation neither person is wrong. I actually think you should be open-minded to both. To look at a situation and have a pre-analyzed mindset can be good because that means you are wise. You let others experiences happen and you gained knowledge from it without having to go through it yourself. An example of this is you notice someone that has negative drinking habits, you see how it takes a negative tole on their body and mind, therefore you are wise enough to know okay I'm not going to abuse alcohol because of the negatives effects. You have a pre-analyzed mind when it comes to that because you noticed the situation you did not have to go through it hands on to gain knowledge of it. On the other hand sometimes you have to go experience things to come to an understanding with them. For example it took for me to be out of college for a year to understand that my situation at my first school wasn't so bad. If I did not experience how it felt to be at home for a year then I would have never came to understand that being at home isn't where I wanted or needed to be. Now I'm going to stop giving you foreplay and let you know the quote I used. The quote is (drum roll please) "Most of us don't just look at something; we look for something." There is nothing wrong with looking for something because when you look for something you are on your toes already. You can try to avoid certain situations by already having previous knowledge of. That is the pre-analysis part knowing something already and not having to experience it to come to a conclusion. That can harm you as well because you can sometimes not take risks because of hearing or knowing someone else situation and just believing that you'll get the same results. Now to explain the other part of the quote that says most of us just don't look at something. That is beneficial because that shows we aren't being scared we are being adventurous taking a chance. To tear that apart is being naive to a situation. By just taking a chance and not knowing information certain situations may have been avoidable but we didn't do the right research and fell into a trap that could have been easily been avoidable. I think this is a quote that makes you be your own thinker. I think this type of quote can have many different responses it depends on who is reading it and how they are reading it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michael,
    I found your personal history (when you left your family to leave alone) very interesting. It shows that there is more than one way to live and your new one seems unexpectedly even better than before. In think that it is the same thing in the field of education. We need to be aware and to consider other way of teaching to be more efficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I really appreciate you taking the time out to read my story. Yes I believe sometimes doors open up for you unexpectedly and it can be for the better. I think that is similar to your story you didn't know exactly what to expect coming over to the states but it seems that it worked out well for you. (getting an education) Now I am going to agree with your last sentence I think we do need to find other ways of teaching to be more efficient. By thinking only your way is the right way you're basically using your power; and if you have to use your power to teach that isn't right. I think we need to be able to hear out our students and take heed to their needs and the way they learn and adapt to that way so they can get the best out of us, and so we can get the best out of them.

      Delete