Tuesday, March 4, 2014

In Class Observation 2nd trip

My second trip today at my former high school was different yet amazing at the same time. Today I was actually able to get up there to not only talk but teach as well. It was different first off because they were looking at me like who is this young kid about to teach my class. A nice amount of the students were freshmen my senior year in high school so I remembered a couple faces. I was in a college prep class shadowing. I basically taught about day to day life in college. Speaking on how organization plays a huge role. I was telling them you can't be disorganized and expect good results. I told them about how my study habits weren't the best when I first entered college but once I started understand you will easily get left behind if you don't I got my act together. I told them ways I learned to balance out my schedule. It was an unique experience because I'm only a couple years older than them so for them to actually be up there listening to me had me understanding that my role in life is huge. People may think it is harder for kids to listen to someone who's there age but in fact I believe it's easier because we can relate more. I'm actually living out the same day to day struggles they are as well. By me not being the most positive in high school and for me to be able to change they look at it as they can do the same thing. One group of students came into the classroom loud and a little dis-respectful but once I started sharing personal information about myself they were listening and in fact they were my biggest participants. They asked a lot of personal questions but I wasn't ashamed to answer to them because I believe you should embrace your struggle. What I mean by that is don't become discouraged in school because of difficulties you face. I think you should face those difficulties and continue to grow and move on. If you master your struggles there isn't much someone else can say to or about you. My second day at Maple Heights High School was great hopefully the rest of my week follows the way my day was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment