Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blog Post 8

My question I got from the chapter is... Does advanced degrees, qualifications, years teaching, or seniority makes you a good teacher? I believe that it doesn't in fact some of my best teachers were young. The reason I say they were some of my best teachers were because they were passionate. If you compare that to a teacher that has been doing the job for so many amounts of years their passion drive maybe thrown off. In fact they may be leaning more towards a new job because they have been teaching for so long. Not only leaning towards a new job but maybe leaning towards retirement. Therefore they won't put as much effort in they'll basically just be there. Now obviously that isn't a fact in every case but in my experiences my younger teachers were more passionate. Some of my more mature teachers were wiser than my younger teachers because of experience in the field but that wasn't always the case as well. Some teachers get advanced degrees for the money. With that being said it isn't always to improve their knowledge some are just in it for the money. Not saying that is the only reason they began teaching but they may have taken on too many bills or had more kids than they planned, so they go back to school get an more advanced degree. That doesn't mean they're a great teacher. That could be just the reason they aren't. They may be too focused on home life and other things that takes away their full potential rather than a fresh young teacher who doesn't have those things to worry about yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment