Wednesday, March 5, 2014

In Class Observation 3 (maple)

Well today was quite different I was inside a physical education class. I instantly started to compare it to my Orange high schools experience because I was in a physical education class there as well. Just like Orange there were people who did not participate in the activities. The activities at maple today was playing basketball. The activities at Orange was playing soccer. The funny thing about it at both schools the kids that didn't participate were females. I do not know if it is a coincidence or is it something older females do. I think it is one of those things that females at a certain age think they are too cute to play and get sweaty. If that is the issue that is funny. I am actually sitting here with my female friend and I asked her was she that way? She laughed and said yes. Her response was no dudes wanna be under a girl that is all sweaty and nasty. I instantly busted out laughing and told her that is an terrible excuse. She said that is the truth though. She said they may have a guy in the class they like or like them and don't wanna blow it. Then she went on to say she wasn't the most athletic anyway. So she didn't like gym she's more of a girly girl. I quickly ended our conversation. In comparison to Orange high school they have more equipment like bikes and all of that but it seems like maple does more fun activities. Then again I can't say they weren't having fun at Orange because it seems as they were. I wasn't exposed to soccer growing up so it didn't really spark my interest. By me being exposed to basketball I was more into the games. Teaching wise both schools were prepared by the instructors well. When I was at Orange we spoke about different state rules you need to know being a physical education teacher. At Maple we actually did the same. They brought up different aspects about being certified to instruct certain lessons and equipment. The two classes were together at Maple rather than at Orange where one teacher was running the show. I think the two classes were together at Maple because it was just the start of their semester so they were letting them loosing up by having fun together. Tomorrow I'll be back in Maples physical education class. Hopefully I'll be doing some instructing!

No comments:

Post a Comment